Student Visa/ Work Permit for Canada

From helping students with their questions to assisting them with the process to help with their immigration or visa, we assist in all sorts of immigration matters.

Please reach out to for further information or questions.

Student Visa

We help with assisting students by :

  • assisting them on the visa process and referring them to the possible avenues that can help them further
  • aiding them on attaining requirements for their student visa

Student Immigration

Immigrating to a foreign country such as Canada is one of the most difficult things to do especially if you’re a student who doesn’t understand the languages or the procedures. We offer assistance to students to help easy the process of settling in and begins their studies. Please reach out to for further information.

Advantages of choosing Canada as your study destination:

  • Most international students in Canada can work for up to 20 hours per week
  • Working while studying can help you support yourself
  • Meet new people and build connections that could help you with jobs

Work Permit

Foreign students who own a valid Canada study permit, and are enrolled in any Canadian educational institution, have varied options when it comes to working in Canada. We can help with assisting in the work permit process if you do choose to stay and work in Canada. Find out if you can apply and how to apply to work in Canada as a student by reach out to

List of Canada work permit options for students:

  • Co-op programs and internship work permits: This applies to foreign students who are studying in a program that requires having work experience through a co-op or internship program.
  • Post-graduate work permits: Foreign students who have graduated from an academic program in Canada that lasted a minimum of eight months may qualify for a post-graduate work permit.
  • Work permits for the spouse of a foreign student: A spouse accompanying a foreign student on a valid Canada study permit is also entitled to a Canadian study permit or an open work permit that does not require a job.

Student Visa for Australia

IMPORTANT UPDATE – Simplified Student Visa Framework changes

Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) implemented on 1 July 2016.

Australia will be making a number of changes to its student visa processes. These changes include the introduction of the SSVF. Under the SSVF:

  • all international students will now apply for a single student visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study
  • all international students will be required to apply for their student visa online
  • a new immigration risk framework will be used to guide the evidence of English language and financial capacity that a student needs to provide with their visa application.

Key requirements for the Student Visa (subclass 500)

  • Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement
  • Enrolment in a CRICOS registered course
  • Financial and English proficiency
  • Health and character

Further information can be found by visiting the Australian Government website.

Deakin is an Assessment Level 1 provider

Under the SSVF, students with offers to an Assessment Level 1 provider will have reduced evidentiary requirements when applying for a visa.

The minimum evidentiary requirements for future students are: (1) evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and (2) a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) issued by University. However, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) may request additional information from applicants.

All Students must verify all the information above at website for Australian High Commission at and then go to Visas, Immigration and Refugees and then Student VISA.

Student Visa for New Zealand

To apply for student visa for New Zealand you will need to complete the application form on the link below for student visa.

The following documents need to be submitted with your application form:

  • Two recent passport size pictures
  • Non refundable application fees of CAD$200 (the fees should be sent as a certified cheque or money order made out to New Zealand High Commission
  • Your offer of place (sent to you by New Zealand University that you intend to attend)
  • Evidence of payment of tuition (which must be sent to you by your university)
  • Evidence of sufficient to cover your living expenses and return travel back to your home country
  • Your original Canadian Immigration document (your permanent residence card or landed immigrant paper)
  • Guarantee of accommodation (a written assurance from your university or any other person stating that a suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand.
  • More than six months but not longer than 12 months
  • If you intend to stay in New Zealand for more than six months but not more than 12 months in total, you may have to provide an X-ray Certificate for Temporary Entry (INZ 1096)
  • If you intend to stay in New Zealand for more than 12 months, you must complete a Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007).
  • Police certificates you must provide
  • If you are 17 years old or over and intend to stay in New Zealand for 24 months or longer, you Must provide a police certificate from your country of citizenship and any country you have lived in for five years or more since you turned 17.
  • If your application for a student visa is approved your passport must be valid for 3 months beyond your initial Date of departure from New Zealand.

New Zealand High Commission Office:
New Zealand High Commission
99 Bank St., Suite 727
Ottawa, ON
K1P 6G3
Phone: 613-238-6097 ext. 236
Fax: 613-238-5707

Student Visa for the UK

All the information about student visa is detailed on this link below. You will be considering TIER 4 Adult Student Visa, please, go through the information on the link below before starting your application.

Submit an application online at the link:

  • Prepare the supporting documents (Detailed list of documents required is available at this link - Evidence used to obtain your confirmation of acceptance for studies CAS Evidence of money to cover your course fees or living costs
  • All applicants must also complete and submit Appendix 8 which can be printed from the link above
  • Be ready to enrol your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information) at one of the visa application centres. To complete the application process, you must book and attend an appointment at one of our visa application centres in Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver and Toronto; or a mobile biometric clinic in Halifax or St Johns. (Please note that you must take all the supporting documents with you to your biometrics appointment.
  • Pay the visa application fee of USD$477 only by Visa or MasterCard debit and credit cards
  • Your visa application is valid for 30 days after the date of submission. The date of submission is displayed on the front page of your visa application. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.

Instructions for applying for your British Student Visa can be found on the website:

British High Commission
Immigration Section
80 Elgin St.
Ottawa, ON
K1P 5K7
Tel: 613-237-2008
Fax: 613-232-2533
Business Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.