DEAKIN UNIVERSITY IN MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Information for Deakin University in Melbourne Australia
Deakin University, Australia, is a top-rated university with world-class outcomes. Industry-focussed degree programs and a strong international outlook mean that Deakin graduates are ready for the global workplace. Deakin is rated in the Top 3% of universities worldwide and was named the 2014 International Educator of the Year by the Government of the Australian State of Victoria.
Deakin’s degree programs are many and varied. Whether it is Sciences at our innovative nanotechnology facilities or Arts at one of the world’s largest motion capture labs, Deakin brings together the latest in technology to complement our students’ learning.
And Deakin’s practical approach to learning puts emphasis on real-world experience and professional practice. In many degree programs, students get practical experience in the first year of study – our engineering students build, our education students teach, our nursing students do clinical work. As a result, Deakin graduates are job-ready and equipped with the professional tools sought by employers in an increasingly competitive global workplace.
Deakin is renowned for:
- Excellent teaching and innovative course delivery
- Creating a student-focused culture
- Being accessible, helpful and friendly
Deakin University is:
- A sector leader for student satisfaction, currently first in Victoria and third in Australia (Australian Graduate Survey).
- A 5 star rated university, recently awarded by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
How Deakin ranks on the world stage:
Deakin University has won the prestigious Australian University of the Year award, twice for our innovative use of technology in education and for our partnerships with industry.
Deakin continues to win numerous academic awards and receive high rankings by various independent research organisations, these include:
- Ranked in the top 3% of universities worldwide according to all major international university rankings – Times Higher Education, QS and ARWU.
- Ranked among the Top 50 universities under 50 years of age by both Times Higher Education and QS.
- Ranked 32 in the world in the discipline of Education in the 2015 QS Discipline Rankings.
- Top 150 in the world in Accounting and Finance in the 2015 QS Discipline Rankings.
- Ranked 3rd in the world for Sports Management in the Sports Business International 2014 Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings.
- Ranked second in Australia for Careers Advice, fifth for Employability and sixth for Work Experience in the 2014 International Student Barometer (ISB) survey.
The Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI) provides a wide variety of English language programs to prepare students for a university academic environment. DUELI has been rated number one among university based English language centres for overall student satisfaction in a survey conducted by independent organisation International Graduate Insight Group (i-graduate).
Deakin’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) has been ranked among the top 25 in the world – and the best in Australia – by QS.
Deakin’s largest campus is located in Melbourne, Burwood. Melbourne is ranked as the world’s most liveable city by Economist Intelligence Unit, 2011 – 2014. Melbourne was ranked as the 2nd best student city in the world by QS in 2015.
- Speech Language Pathology
- Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy
- Psychology / Social Work / Counselling
- Teacher Education / Education
- Veterinary Program
- Public Health / Global Health / Public Relations
- Museum / Heritage / Cultural Studies
- Marine Sciences
- Food Nutrition / Dietetics
- Archaeology / Anthropology / History
- Other Programs